Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > Suspicious downloads

Suspicious downloads

1. micromoth23 October 2013, 23:31 GMT +02:00

Not sure what's going on, but I've just watched the indicator of the number of downloads on the "Statistics" page of RGB Stock jump up by 200 downloads at a time repeatedly over a space of a few seconds or so. Is this a fault in recording, or has someone found a way to download excessive numbers? Maybe through some form of bittorrent "multi-user" bluffing?

2. jazza24 October 2013, 12:37 GMT +02:00

Kevin, at first glance I do not see any 'unusual' activity. When did you see this?

3. micromoth24 October 2013, 13:06 GMT +02:00

Jay, I saw this last night, shortly before I posted my message. The downloads counter got as high as about 9,000 downloads at one point and was increasing by about 200 downloads every few seconds. If I clicked elsewhere on the site and then went back to the Stats page again, the counter had reverted to normal levels but then started shooting up again. Very odd! I have a screen capture I can send you if you like - let me know what email address to use.

4. lennie24 October 2013, 13:11 GMT +02:00

Well, that is kind of strange.

We've investigating it.

5. jazza24 October 2013, 13:51 GMT +02:00

We had no unusual amount of downloads; we just checked it in the server logs.
You can send a screen capture to info[@]rgbstock.com (without the brackets), but I can imagine how it looks like. Is this problem still there?

6. lennie24 October 2013, 13:58 GMT +02:00

I think it's just a mistake in how the statistics were displayed.

As a lot of busy sites, we keep a database with the truth, but administrating truth real-time is 'expensive' (makes the site slow) so we also keep some statistics in memory. The memory statistics got mangled a bit. That is what you saw.

Real-time statistics are almost always a bit fake. :-)

7. micromoth24 October 2013, 19:59 GMT +02:00

@4-6 Okay Jay / Lennie, I've sent you an email with a cropped screenshot attached from my home email address. Hope this helps!

Kevin

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

in den Leuchtkasten legen . FAQ . Kontakt . ABG . Nutzungsbedingungen . Über . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock