Rgbstock forum

forum > Fun zone > 4 Letter Words

4 Letter Words

1. krayker16 July 2010, 13:45 GMT +02:00

You can only change ONE letter, AND/OR rearrange the letters currently available. The first word is:

WINS

8738. xymonau5 December 2013, 12:31 GMT +01:00

I didn't know there were such interesting screensavers.

adze

8739. Ayla875 December 2013, 14:22 GMT +01:00

The only thing they don't save you is time ;-)

deal

8740. Groningen5 December 2013, 19:14 GMT +01:00

true
they are time consuming

dial

8741. xymonau6 December 2013, 10:21 GMT +01:00

I've been using a lot of rgb images as my desktop. There are some really suitable photos on here.

amid

8742. Ayla876 December 2013, 13:16 GMT +01:00

We allow only our cats on our desktop (in photos) - current and previous cats, that is

mild

8743. xymonau7 December 2013, 0:15 GMT +01:00

I used to always have my granddaughters on there, and still do most of the time, but sometimes I like some colour. I have one of my images that I really love as a desktop. It's a gaudy abstract, but for some reason it pleases my eyes and makes me feel happy.

Currently I have one of the newer members' sunsets. It's stunning. I tried to find it to post a link, but I couldn't remember who did it and gave up.

limn

8744. Groningen10 December 2013, 19:54 GMT +01:00

I had to look up the word limn

mine

english wasn't good enuf ;-)

8745. xymonau10 December 2013, 21:44 GMT +01:00

mint

I doubt that many English speakers would know the word, either. :)

8746. gesinek11 December 2013, 11:48 GMT +01:00

There are many 4 letter words on leo.org. If I have no Idea for a new 4lw I take a look there.

tiny

8747. Groningen11 December 2013, 15:12 GMT +01:00

thanks for the tip Gesine
but that's just for German speaking earthlings ;-)

ying

wow I came up with this extraordinary word all by my self
I am awesom uh awesum uh
how do you spell that word??
meh

8748. xymonau12 December 2013, 10:09 GMT +01:00

A

king

of the wordmakers is our Christine!

That's an interesting site, Gesine.

8749. Groningen13 December 2013, 21:37 GMT +01:00

knit

and you shall never be bored again.
Strange thing happened this week, I had ordered a set of 4,5mm knitting-needles
and when I used them I discovered that one of the 5 needles was a 3,5mm!
The shop sends me a replacement but they were surprised too.

8750. xymonau13 December 2013, 22:13 GMT +01:00

Someone is going to have their hand slapped. If you are shipping orders you have to get it right first time. I used to work in a place that made up large orders of stock for people and shipped them hundreds of miles. It wasn't a simple matter to replace anything damaged or wrong items, so we went to great pains to check and re-check.

What are you making currently, Christine? And are you still living vampire hours? :o) I may get a chance to do that for a few days over xmas. I'm having about a week off, although I'm on call. It will be such a relief to not have to think about the time for a few days. I hate clocks.

Do you have plans for Christmas?

mink

8751. Groningen14 December 2013, 3:45 GMT +01:00

well it wasn't the shipping company's fault
more the manufacturer
this set should never have left the factory

can you watch the photo's on my FB page now or not
sometimes I post pictures and it's weeks later that I get a reaction :-)
not that I mind a late like, more than welcome ;-)

I am still living vampire hours
since it's winter here it's dark when I get out of bed at 5 PM
I am busy knitting birthday presents for both my sisters 50th birthday
I had started a pair in October/November but had to frog the sock because too tight :-(
I don't want to jinx it this time so no photo's or what else until they are finished

today I found a tutorial on the web on how to create a sock blocker using a wire coat hanger :-)
http://knittinginthevalley.blogspot.nl/2012/12/sock-blockers-tutorial.html
I cannot buy sock blockers because no dutch company offers them for sale and US websites don't ship outside US
so I make them myself for free (muwahahaha)

Christmas plans are going to be like last year
there and back again on the same day
one sister will be there and I will leave my presents for my sister in Germany at my mothers house, she usually visits in early January

dink

8752. xymonau14 December 2013, 5:18 GMT +01:00

That's a great idea.

Christine, sometimes I don't go to Facebook except for a cursory look, and so I never scroll down far enough. Sometimes if someone comments on an already-posted image it shows up towards the top again. At other times I've just gone to your Facebook page. I'm a bit all over the place right now. I know you posted a whale, and I wanted to comment, but something interrupted me the day I saw it. Then I forgot about it and just thought of it when you commented above. So forgive me if I miss things. I am running on empty right now. I can't go into it online, but I have felt like walking out a number of times recently. I need the money, though, so I will get through it all. However, my concentration is at a low ebb, and I'm really foggy all the time. Feel free to give me a prompt is you have posted something, and that way I will not miss it.

My brain was in a real fog one day last week. I was just trying to remember which way I had to place the paper to send a fax - face up or down. I asked a worker about three times, and tried so hard to hold the thought, but each time it would go. I finally wrote it down, then promptly forgot again, and was trying to sneak a look at what I wrote without her seeing me, because I felt so embarrassed! LOL I'm coming off the cortisone, and that may be the cause. but I am also burnt out. Roll on my days off!

kind

8753. Groningen14 December 2013, 23:33 GMT +01:00

sorry you feel all burned out
I didn't mean to criticize you I was wondering if I should change my FB settings
because FB keeps changing their rules

I am glad you saw Henk the whale :-)
I'm so proud that I managed to finish him in time
my niece and sister were really happy and surprised
and he is an adorable softie
I've re-ordered the same yarn and I am going to knit one for myself in January
for now it's socks and socks ;-)

take care of yourself Dez
maybe have some soup?
I hope you can recharge your batteries and the end of the year
and I love your updates on all the beautiful birds that come in your garden!

Pink

is not my favorite color.

8754. xymonau15 December 2013, 1:49 GMT +01:00

Thanks, Christine. :o)

What do you use to stuff the whale? I think it would be an amazing project to knit a really huge one to use like a body pillow.

I think the whale is so much more interesting than the usual knitted toys.

Yes, I love the local birds. I had a few new visitors during the week and I'll see if I can find some photos of them. They all fly away if I pull my camera out - well, all except the rainbow lorikeets and noisy miners. They are a bit flighty, but they catch on fairly quickly that you're not their enemy. I just a dore the pale headed rosellas. It's a pair with a large baby, and their colours are magical. I think of them as "the beautiful ones". And the tiny little blue faced doves are so sweet. I can't believe I never noticed them before, but I guess they might not live in towns or cities much.

My neighbours will be getting annoyed about the noise, so I have to try to be more selective re the times of feeding. Unfortunately, native food is a bit sparse this year for the blossom feeders, so I feel obliged to supplement their diet. And it's just another way of having pets.

snip

8755. Groningen16 December 2013, 22:11 GMT +01:00

;-)

I use synthetic fiberfill as stuffing, it's washable and not too expensive although you need a lot of stuffing for this whale.
I didn't knit the toy-bones for the two dachshunds, later I read on the web that it's dangerous for them if they chew it to pieces, and these two destroy every toy you give to them! So at a pet-store I bought those "rolled-up-hides-to-chew-on" and they finished them the next day!

Pets> right now Willem is running in his wheel he is a pro; unlike Ed who is more of a jumper than a runner ;-)

Yesterday I finished the illusion-knitting knee-highs with cats but I haven't taken any pictures yet, will do. They are made in red (her favorite color) and very dark brown, I hope she'll like them.
Now I have to finish the pair for my other sister (deadline December 25th)
no cats, no illusion knitting but….ah you'll see

puns

8756. xymonau16 December 2013, 22:57 GMT +01:00

I was thinking of Willem and Ed the other day and wondering how they are doing. They haven't made any great escapes recently?

I think anyone would love those illusion knits. What a great idea. Are you going to make some for yourself?

gnus

8757. Ayla8717 December 2013, 6:28 GMT +01:00

I'd think that tank is too nice and the food is so good, who would really want to escape from there?

nuts

8758. xymonau17 December 2013, 8:31 GMT +01:00

Hello, stranger. How have you been?

nest

8759. Ayla8717 December 2013, 8:53 GMT +01:00

I had a week off, thanks for asking, and this time my head behaved very well for a change. So it was nicely relaxing. Well, of course, there are still those crazy neighbours around, with their usual rumbling. All business as usual...

best

8760. xymonau17 December 2013, 12:23 GMT +01:00

That's fantastic, Michael! Are you continuing to look for another place?

stem

8761. Groningen17 December 2013, 21:12 GMT +01:00

Michael is right, Ed&Willem love their home so much they're not trying to escape any more :-)

Mist

and a full moon make for an eery atmosphere.

first page | previous page | next page | last page
x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

in den Leuchtkasten legen . FAQ . Kontakt . ABG . Nutzungsbedingungen . Über . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock