Rgbstock forum

forum > General chat > site statistics say: 49999 photos on line

site statistics say: 49999 photos on line

1. Ayla8729 October 2010, 13:14 GMT +02:00

Now, who uploads # 50.000?
--Michael

2. micromoth29 October 2010, 14:32 GMT +02:00

It was Adrian, aka Tacluda. He beat me to it by 1. Lol!

3. Abyla29 October 2010, 14:43 GMT +02:00

50.000 images and only our first year...It's fantastic !
For admins and contributors: Well done !
Congrats Adrian for your milestone.

4. xymonau29 October 2010, 14:48 GMT +02:00

Well, this is a great landmark. I think I predicted 50,000 and 6,000 members. This has far outstripped that. Great work, everyone!

5. saavem29 October 2010, 17:59 GMT +02:00

Amazing achievements!

6. crisderaud30 October 2010, 5:58 GMT +02:00

Good job everyone! At the rate we are growing, we may have close to 10,000 members by the new year.

We hope to see some new galleries added or started in the next couple of months.

Stock photography is fun. If you haven't tried it, send in a few pics that you have or pick up the camera and photograph something you think people would need in a blog or website.

If you do graphics, send a nice colorful design that would look good with text next to it.

Once you get started it really is a fun hobby that challenges your imagination and creativity.

7. Ayla8730 October 2010, 11:51 GMT +02:00

Congrats to Adrian for hitting the 50.000 Landmark :)

Cris, you are right, Stock photography is lots of fun and really gives all those pics a new meaning which would otherwise only be buried under tons of digital dust in remote corners of computer harddisks.

And you must not be a professional photographer to produce stock. It is a great hobby as well and gives a lot of chances for continous improvement.

And then of course we have a lot of fun with the bunch of people over here in these forums :)

So I'd encourage everyone, too - just give it a try!

--Michael

8. fishmonk30 October 2010, 14:10 GMT +02:00

Wholehearted agreement @6 &@7!

I was by no means a photographer.

I snapped a couple of nice shots on holiday in Berlin in April 2007. As I had downloaded stuff for work in the past I decided I would try to repay a little of the debt I owed to the royalty-free stock community & uploaded one (at another place). Immediately I got a couple of nice comments, a fair amount of downloads & I was hooked. I had around 900 images online over the next few years. I have seen my images used on a large number of websites & have been sent calendars, diaries, cards, and a music CD which contain my images from people who contacted me via the comments box. So very rewarding!

I cannot begin to tell you how much inspiration, help and support I have had from generous, skilled & knowledgeable people, most of whom are here at rgbstock. I have learned an awful lot about photography, am becoming a better photographer & am loving this learning experience.

This site is an amazing learning resource for budding photographers, as well as a great resource for users looking for royalty free images. Try asking a question - the expertise here is fantastic...

If you haven't uploaded yet, I'd like to join Michael & Cris in urging you to dip those digits into the water & upload.

You never know where it may lead...

Dan

9. krayker30 October 2010, 18:23 GMT +02:00

fantastic! its over 50k!

Please sign in or sign up if you want to participate in the forum discussions.

x
name
country
photos
downloads
camera

in den Leuchtkasten legen . FAQ . Kontakt . ABG . Nutzungsbedingungen . Über . www.hqstock.com free stock photos totally free stock photos stock photos high quality free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock photos totally free stock images free stock images editors' pick alternative to sxc.hu Rgbstock blog and news
| English | Deutsch | Español | Polski | Português | Nederlands |
Shutterstock is official partner of Rgbstock